Sunday, December 6, 2009

just a little mind vomit...ha!

as i was talking to lisa today, i realized how very grateful i am for garrett. for our relationship. our friendship. for his sacrifice. for the wonderful strength he is to me. for the wonderful father he is. i'm grateful for his dedication to our family. and even though he doesn't have the best job in the world right now, he still goes to work with a smile on his face. the last couple of months, since garrett began working at target, we haven't really gotten to spend a lot of time together (which we aren't use to). this makes me EXTRA grateful for the time we get with him when he is home. it makes it that more exciting for him to come home that day, so i can get those tiny little butterflies in my stomach all over again. it makes me appreciate him more and more. i love that guy. i look forward to growing old with him. sitting in our rocking chairs on our front porch. gray hair and all as i crochet a blanket humming, and he reads the newspaper. i look forward to spending all of eternity with my best friend, my second half.

thank you garrett, for being you. i love you.

1 comment:

* Gar * Lis * Charly * said...

I'm so glad you guys found each other! It's hard not seeing the one you love all the time, but you're right, it does open up your eyes to how much you really do love and care about them! Love you!